Worth Partnership Project is a European Commission initiative whose objective is to support 150 transnational collaborations between designers, creators, small/medium enterprises, and tech firms to develop new ideas with a high component of design in the areas of fashion/textile, footwear, leather/fur, furniture and jewellery. Selected projects, over three calls, enter into an incubator programme valued in 60.000€ where participants can benefit from mentoring, international communication, seed money, networking opportunities and more.
For the last two years, IED REC has served on behalf of the IED on Worth´s international consortium as a strategic partner, providing insight, support, contacts and Design know-how.
One of IED Rec´s main contributions to Worth has been the creation and implementation of the Worth Weekend, a physical encounter that features supportive events, specialized training sessions, and inspiring conversations with Design experts. The vision behind the event is to create an authentic and human European Design community where ideas and information are shared.
In the first and second calls 90 Partnerships from all over Europe have already chosen and supported. IED Rec is also responsible for handpicking an international steering committee of evaluators from diverse Design backgrounds. The members of the Committee are:
– Assaad Awad (Head of Accesories and Wearables Design at USEK) Lebanon
– Natsai Audrey Chieza (Founder & Director at Faber Futures) United Kingdom
– Thomas Gnahm (Creative Specialist and Founder of Wear It Festival) Germany
– Kolbrún Gunnarsdottir (Fashion and Jewelry Designer, Stylist and Creative Director) Iceland
– Leslie Holden (Head of Fashion & Design at the Amsterdam Fashion Institute) The Netherlands
– Pavel Ivancic (Head of the AAAD Fashion Studio and Head of Design) Poland
– Pirjo Kääriänen (Professor of Practice, Design Driven Fiber Innovation at Aalto University) Finland
– Wolfgang Kathan (Senior Innovation Manager at Swarovski Professional) Austria
– Julia Koerner (JK Design Gmbh, Assistant Adjunct Professor at A.UD, UCLA) Austria/USA
– Konstantyn Kofta (Designer, CEO of Kofta) Ukraine
– Inga Markovska (Co-owner and Sales Executive at EMKO) Lithuania
– Wolfgang Mildner (Owner & Founder of MSWTECH) Germany
– Manuela Naveau (Professor, Artist and Curator at Ars Electronica) Austria
– Kendall Robbins (Senior Programme Manager, British Council´s Architecture, Design and Fashion Team) United Kingdom
– Sebastian Thies (Founder & Designer at NAT-2) Germany
On March 1st and 2nd, 2019, the Steering Committee, Mentors, Consortium Members and Partners from the first and second calls gathered in Valencia at the City of Arts and Sciences for the second Worth Weekend, where projects from the second call were incorporated, and projects from the first call were propelled forward in their evolution.
IED Rec prepared a brand new art direction, photography and audiovisual campaign for the second year in a row.
The third call for proposals opens on April 8th, 2019 during Milano Design Week.
Find out more, and how you can join the Worth community, here: