External academic consultancy to Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Beirut, Lebanon (USEK) for the creation of a Master Program that will be organized at the USEK Faculty. IED REC will collaborate to provide:
– The formation of advanced future artisans capable of originating, innovating and/or influencing practice in their discipline area.
– A global view of the core principles of textile, technology, and materials of the future implemented in a creative avant-garde project, respecting all prior theoretical frameworks.
– How to transform their wearable project into reality by applying entrepreneurial skills and brand awareness in order to excel in the real world.
– The development of a self-learning skill (self-reflection) and its implementation into their product.
– The design of a cutting edge FABLAB, providing state of the art machinery and artifacts linking the past and the future in one stimulating space to incubate their ideas.
In the past, technology was perceived as an advanced mechanical solution, working side by side with humans to help them do things better and faster. Nowadays, this perception is changing, and technology is shifting towards digitalization, evolving how humans behave and act. Because it moves very quickly we must think about the future in both real and virtual terms.
The Wearables and Accessories Master Program is three-dimensional, revolving around design, fashion and prototyping. Candidates shall engage in the practical phase after being guided through the theoretical facet of their future project, in order to achieve harmony between concept and outcome.
This program is a walk through the immediate future, taking the candidates on a journey of deeper understanding concerning craftsmanship, technology, fashion, materials, production, marketing and communication.
The collaboration between USEK and IED REC represents an alliance that reinforces a global, holistic vision in International Design Education.